Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Debate...what better way to understand conflict!

I have two items I wish to reflect on this morning. First, my experience in my group presentation and second the reflection activity the Yellow birds had us participate in Monday evening.

Personally, I thought our group did a fantastic job. We sort of put ourselves out on a limb using debate as our main instructional strategy. There was a bit of resistance at first, but once we worked through how it would work that anxiety subsided. In addition to our group, the class did an excellent job as well. I'm certain the anxiety level amongst the class was at an all time high, but you could tell they were into it after the initial nerves went away. Some after thoughts to the project: I wish we had just a bit more time. A. It would have been nice to allow more discussion time amongst the group members and B. I think the exercise would have benefited greater with a bit more time spent on learning debate. All in all, i think the class got a lot out of the exercise. Debating is a great way to immerse learners into interaction with other learners.

The Yellow Birds reflective exercise was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Great job guys. What an interesting way to think about what we as the learners got out of your presentation. I was a bit hesitant at first, but once I dropped my apprehension to creativity, it was off to the races. Thank you for sharing that activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment