Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Faciltation exercise

What an exciting exercise!!!!!!

I thought every group did a fantastic job at this exercise. My only wish was that we could have had more time. In hind sight, as an individual facilitator, I should have focused my exercise to more specific points, instead of concentrating on the macro concepts of dealing with a ineffective boss. I engaged the group in good conversation, but had a difficult time with the time management aspect of the exercise. My evaluations were very clear on that point. Still, it was a great exercise and I had fun.

I was pretty amazed with how each topic (chapter) at some shape or form related to one another. What is most interesting about the text is how it references to another part or chapter with specific details how it relates. It really is a handbook, a how to manual of group facilitation.

Out of all the exercises we participated in, I took the most a way from Karen's exercise on interruptions. I am currently faced with a co-worker who constantly interrupts me and I felt this exercise gave me some tools to overcome this object able behavior. It comes down to a risky conversation on getting my voice heard!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment